With winter vacations ready to be in full swing, we thought we would share some tips to help you save on your next winter retreat! We created a short list that could save you in long run.
- Rent your ski equipment. If you are vacationing to a place with lots of snow most likely you will end up at a ski resort. Not only is ski equipment heavy it takes up a lot of room and is hard to pack, especially for an entire family. The cost alone you saved for not checking all the extra equipment at the airport is saving on the ski / snowboard rental in the long run!
2. Rent a Vacation Home instead of a room. Why spend a ton on a room in a hotel when you can have the whole house? Most vacation rentals are cheaper overall considering the price per person. Most homes sleep 10+ and have all the luxuries of your own home.
3. Cook at the house! If you are considering renting a vacation home, most likely the home has everything you need to prepare dinner there. A quick trip to the grocery store is way more affordable than eating out every night! You might want to check with the vacation rental company, some do catered meals with local restaurants. This would really come in handy if you are having a large group staying for the vacation.
4. Chose the right weeks. When to go on your vacation is key! Most hotels, motels and resorts are more expensive around the holidays. Try to plan a vacation that isn’t interfering with a holiday stay. If you are needing certain days around the holidays off, try and book the week before or week after, if possible.
5. Buy package deals! Many hotels and vacation rentals offer packages. See what packages are available to you and applicable to your stay. Will you get a discount off a meal, lift tickets, theme parks or local business attractions?